The Chapter with a Heartbeat
A few months ago our General Program director Scott William approached me asking if I would like to be Chairman of the Helping Hands program. He said that I was selected because of my background and enthusiasm in everything I get involved with as a ember of our Order. My background is PGK, PFN, FDD, CCC, and President of Chapter 4. I will give you a general overview of what is required to qualify for the Columbian Award.
The helping Hands Program is designed to recognize the important work many councils already perform to care for the most disadvantaged members of our communities. Select a leader in your council who can make things happen, he will build public interest for this program. His team can contact Supreme at kofc.org/helpinghands
for Brochures (form 10365) and Vertical Posters (form 10636).
- Contact local leaders from nonprofit groups to see how your council and parish can best assist. Show how their work can benefit those in need in your community.
- Raise money for this program to be a success for all parties.
- Whatever event you put together, make sure the Brothers wear Knights of Columbus apparel.
- Always keep in mind you are looking for prospective members. Have Prospect Cards( #921A) at all times.
- Enlist a fellow Knight to photograph each event.
To gain credit for your program, complete the associated reporting form and submit to Supreme Council Department of Fraternal Mission. Remember to retain copies for your council records. At the end of the fraternal year, complete the Columbian Award Application (#SP-7)
New Jersey had over 60 Councils and last year we only received one application. I am sure your Councils are doing most of the work but failing to report and receiving no credit. This is the year you should have your council receive the award. Remember we are a TEAM, make it happen.
Remember we are a TEAM, make it happen.
2020 by New Jersey Chapter 4, KofC
Last updated: November 24, 2020
Send comments or questions to the webmaster at email@example.com